Located on North Main Street across from the library. Ezekiel Bates was a veteren of the War of 1812. Trained as an engineer he worked on the beautiful Union Station in Worcester. The Lodge was an off shoot of the Bristol Lodge. They used space in the Bronson Building prior to building the current building.
In 1928 and 1929 they raised two hundred thousand dollars to construct their current home. Membership in the period before WW2 through the 1970’s was approximately 800 members, enough to staff a full band for local celebrations and events.
The Temple has a small museum space located in what was previously the Masters Office. They have approximately 200- 300 items in their collection, not all on display. One of the items is a silk diploma from Ezekiel Bates himself.